Turmeric is among the most commonly used spices in the world and I’m sure you’ve had it before, regardless of whether you ate it in its pure form, or as part of another well-known spice – curry.
Turmeric water is really beneficial, especially when you drink it in the morning.
Now let’s get to the recipe first:
- 8 oz filtered water
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
1. Heat the water to just below boiling.
2. Put the turmeric in a mug.
3. Slowly stir in the warm water until everything is thoroughly blended together.
4. Add honey if you want to add some flavor.
This is a great way to start your day off because it would mean that you’re starting your day off with a healthy boost. You can also add turmeric to your cooking by adding curry to your potatoes that are baking in the oven, for example, or any dish that you would like to spice up a bit.
Turmeric is one of those spices whose beneficial properties can lower your risk of contracting any serious health problems while also ensuring that you feel happier, healthier, and more energetic throughout the day.
Turmeric comes from the Curcuma longa plant which is traditionally used as a medicine in ancient Chinese and Indian cultures, but you can get health benefits just from adding a pinch of turmeric to a meal, you can get even more advantages when you drink it diluted in water every morning.
These are some of the results that you should expect to see if you start drinking it:
- Boosts immune system, lowers risk of getting a cold, flu, or other nasty infection.
- Speeds up healing process, quickly healing cuts and scrapes.
- Prevents or relieves joint pain and arthritis.
- Lowers cancer risk
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Helps the body to properly process ingested sugars – prevents diabetes
- Increases bile flow, which helps the body break down dietary fat as soon as it is consumed
- Protects the brain from Alzheimer’s disease and other age-related disorders
- Boosts liver function
- Encourages the gallbladder to produce bile and other components that aid the body in digesting food properly.