Turmeric is a plant that became famous for its detoxifying properties in the last decade. You can either eat it or use it as an ingredient in many creams or essential oil bases to enjoy its properties, such as anti-aging, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory.
Though it has been used for centuries in the Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine – The Western medicine has just begun to discover and use this golden plant’s amazing properties. One of them is fighting the spreading of cancerogenic cells. This is thanks to the basic and most helpful ingredient in turmeric – curcumin. Here is just a small list of all the things curcumin helps you with:
- Helps in controlling diabetes – The curcumin lowers the insulin resistance and also improves the levels of blood sugar. This can also prevent the showing up of diabetes type 2.
- Prevents arthritis – because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it can help with bone pain and stiff joints.
- Makes the skin healthier and smoother – not only this, but it can also help with skin pigmentation and naturally even the skin tones, especially on the soft skin of the face.
- Natural digestion booster – curcumin stimulates the gallbladder, helps to improve bowel movements and decreases bloating.
- Turmeric can heal open wounds – again, the anti-inflammatory and antiseptic abilities of turmeric can heal minor cuts and even big bruises and swellings on the body. This makes it suitable in treating eczema and psoriasis, and similar skin diseases as well.
- Prevents Alzheimer’s – curcumin is a brain-booster and helps accelerate the restoring cycle of the nerves
- Helps in detoxifying of the overall body and the liver itself
- Improves the mood – in the Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric is used as a natural cure for insomnia and sleep deprivation, but it can also help with insomnia and stress.
- Use turmeric for a healthy heart – because curcumin also improves the blood flow and the health of the blood vessels.
Have you ever heard of a drink called “The Golden Milk”? if you haven’t it is because this drink was a yogi’s secret preserved in the temples. However, globalization unraveled many secretes, among which this one as well.
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Optional ingredients: 1 crushed green cardamom pod and a small cinnamon stick
Stir all the ingredients together, adding the cinnamon and cardamom at the end…mix well before drinking. You should drink it warm.It is great that is non – toxic and very rarely causes some side – effects.
Here’s another amazing turmeric recipe. This natural paste can make you look 10 years younger and not only prevent the show-up of wrinkles, but also, helps restoring the wrinkles that already appeared on your face.
- ½ spoon of lemon juice
- ½ gram of flour
- 1 spoon tomato juice
- A gram of turmeric powder
Apply the paste-like mixture you got from mixing all these ingredients and appl it on your eyes (you have to keep the closed) for 15 minutes every day, most likely before going to bed. You’ll see the difference in only a week!